The whole film took me altogether about 5 grueling months (usually 10-12hours a day) to do. I often felt my butt was going to grow into the chair I usually sat at.
Please note that this was simply my way of doing my film to achieve the soft-shaded style I wanted; there are many other ways of doing this and some are a lot faster with different results~! :)
- My film on DeviantArt | My film on Vimeo
- My film gifs on Tumblr
- You can see my storyboard animatic here (although the original had music, but like I mentioned, my placeholder music was by Joe Hisaishi, you know, Miyazaki’s composer, so it’s not really legal to upload it).
This tut differs a bit from my dA version, because tumblr lets me put the combination of gifs and jpegs :D.
Here’s a book that will really help you start animating:
here’s some books that are good for composition, storytelling and colours:
- Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
- The Art of Pixar: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation
- Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts
I hope these helped
I ask that no one removes the credit or source for this tutorial/guide please. thanks :)
And this is a keeper! No doubt about that! :)
I’m just gonna put this one on standby
for when I start my senior film!
singelisilverslippers asked: Sam and Clint are *trying* to date, but the other Avengers and random world-saving keeps getting in the way. (As a second choice, if you want something a little more serious: Sam and Clint in the aftermath of the "Surprise! Coulson lives!" reveal)
For all that the original basis for the friendship was a mixture of being the only breakable people around and snarking at former KGB brainwashed assassins (those came in pairs, apparently), Clint turned out to be soft and sweet when it came to romance. He’d blushed, honest to god flush of red on his cheeks, when he asked Sam out.
He’d seemed sure Sam would say no which was both incredibly dense and amazingly sweet.
"I just thought—" Clint tried to explain later over dinner (just the two of them, no teammates, nobody knew where they were going, cross-their-fingers no aliens tonight). He bit his lip a little, trying to find the words. "I just thought—you spend all your time with Captain America."
"Yeah," said Sam, still staring at Clint’s mouth because it had gone a bit pink where he’d bitten it. "Yeah, Steve. Right."
"And he’s, you know," Clint said, waving a hand vaguely. "He’s all that.”
"And a bag of chips?" asked Sam, kicking Clint under the table. "I don’t want to date Steve, you know."
"Everybody wants to date Steve," said Clint darkly.
Sam frowned. “Hey, man, if you want to date Steve—”
"No, god, no," said Clint. "I…um. I want to date you.” He started to play with the edge of the table cloth.
"Good," said Sam, grinning. "That works out well for both of us."
And he leaned in to kiss Clint—this was the perfect moment to kiss Clint—when the front window of the restaurant exploded.
He leaned back and sighed. Clint smirked.
Sam pressed the button in the elevator for Clint’s floor and then screamed like a small, terrified child when the Black Widow spoke up from above him.
"I don’t see flowers," she said.
"JESUS CHRIST," said Sam vehemently.
"You should leave now and buy him flowers," she said, swinging down from the panel she’d opened in the ceiling of the moving elevator. “He likes flowers.”
"Why would I buy him flowers?" Sam asked, trying to get his breath back.
She narrowed her eyes. “Are you saying Clint doesn’t deserve flowers?” She took a menacing step towards him.
"I didn’t know he liked flowers!”
She didn’t even blink. Sam didn’t think she’d blinked this entire time. Jesus.
"He does." Without breaking eye contact, she pushed a series of buttons on the elevator and it abruptly started going downwards, back to street level. "Something purple."
"I could have guessed that much," said Sam, resigned.
<Sorry, delayed by deadly Russians and flowers,> he texted Clint.
The response came quickly. <It happens.>
Clint had two purple t-shirts without bloodstains or dog drool on them. One was even his. He held one in each hand and weighed his options.
"Son, just don’t," said Steve, leaning against the doorframe. "Those are not date appropriate shirts."
"What, I—who said—what even—" Clint stammered, clutching the two shirts to his chest in a weird impulse to cover his nipples in front of Captain America.
"You can do better than this, surely," said Steve, plucking one of the purple t-shirts out of his hands. "Don’t you own a button-up?"
"I…what?" Clint said. "I don’t think so?"
"Show some respect for Sam," Steve said in the same voice he had used to tell Doom about Truth Liberty and Justice only three hours before. "Dress to impress."
"Don’t…say that," Clint said weakly. He sighed. "I can’t go on my date?"
"Not dressed like a homeless teenager," Steve agreed.
"I could borrow—" Clint started to say and then looked closer at Steve’s shirt. "Yeah, I can’t borrow your clothes, can I?"
Steve glowered. “You could try.”
"I’d like to make a reservation for 7 o’clo—-" Sam said and then all sound on the other side of the line fizzled and went dead. "Hello?"
"I apologize, sir," said JARVIS through Sam’s cell. "I have been instructed to discontinue your phone call."
"Mr. Stark has informed me that your taste, and I quote, ‘sucks balls,’" JARVIS said primly. "He would prefer you choose a better restaurant for your date with Agent Barton."
Sam pinched the bridge of his nose. “Does he have any suggestions?”
"Funny you should ask, he’s on the line with La Tour d’Argent at the moment making you a reservation at the chef’s table."
"JARVIS, give it to me straight: is this restaurant even in this city?"
There was a brief pause.
"Unfortunately, no." JARVIS did seem apologetic, but only slightly. "Mr. Stark has also given instructions for his private jet to be fueled and ready for departure within the hour."
"…his jet," said Sam tonelessly.
"So we’re leaving the country."
"It would appear so."
Sam looked up at the ceiling.
"Fine," he said. This was his world now. "But you have to tell Clint."
He could hear Clint swear from the bathroom where he had been in the shower.
"BUT I’M HUNGRY NOW,” Clint shouted through the door.
"YOU JOINED THE SUPERHERO TEAM FIRST, THIS IS YOUR FAULT," Sam shouted back.
imagine somebody who’s immortal having a gigantic room where all the walls are completely covered up with photos.
each one is of a different loved one whom they have outlived
STOP RIGHT THERE
ahhh this already has like fifty million notes but i just thought this was a really sweet idea… i didn’t get to draw the room as big as i wanted too ;_; but this is only 1/4th of that room or something!!!!
the wedding photo hurts the most
skittles/sciles; colour analysisI did a second part because richardriders tagged it with;
- “Eat” the damn Play-doh cookies.
- Slurp the invisible soup.
- Pretend that they’re not causing grievous bodily harm as they “brush” your hair.
- Always be serious when asked what you’d like for dinner, and never say something silly like rabbit soup. Because they will go get their stuffed one off the bed, put it in your best pot, and fill said pot with water. Then place it on your desk.
- Greet their make believe friends and ask how their day was.
- Always kiss the teddy bear goodnight. It has feelings too.
- Always pretend to die when they shoot you.
- If you are having a fake war with them and you shoot them and they say they can’t die because they are invincible, you don’t shoot them again, because they are invincible.
- Yes, their drawing does look like a butterfly, not a bunch of jumbled up lines.
- Them pounding on the piano is the best thing you have ever heard.
no but seriously it’s very important to a child’s development to not be shut down by parents and other caregivers
The only thing I disagree with is the invincibility one ‘cause if my kid said they were invincible, I’d fake shoot them again in disbelief and continue to be amazed as they shrug off my fake bullets and fake kill me.
in case youre still looking for a decent drawing program
have you tried mypaint?
- its free
- its open source
- works for windows, linux and mac
- 90% of the window space is where you draw, no clunky and messed up menus
- supports layers
- the canvas is basically unlimited, the program automatically chooses a dimension for your picture when you save
- easy (but not too limited) brush creation
- overall fucking awesome
Ah, Ramen. The instant stuff weeaboos and college kids eat almost 3 times a day. What a treasure.
You know what I’m gonna teach you what to make? Ramen that isn’t instant, and doesn’t taste like you poured an entire fucking salt shaker into your fucking bowl. God damn…MSG, amirite?
Anyway, this recipes like pretty fucking delish, so we’re gonna have a pretty rad time making it, okay?
O FUCKING KAY.
(servings: 1 bowl)
adapted from: x
Ingredients for Home made noodles-
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- ~1 Tbsp water (or more give or take)
Ingredients for soup-
- 2 cups pork or vegetable broth*
- 1 Tbsp fresh miso paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce (add more if you want it to be saltier)
- 1/4 tsp dashi granules
- 1/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
Ingredients for toppings-
- 1/2 scallion stalk
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- 1 piece of thick cut ham sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Procedure for noodles-
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and make a small ‘well’ in the center of the mixture.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together and pour the mixture into the center ‘well’ of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly combine the ingredients together until it becomes a hard dough.
- Knead that dough hardcore motherfucker. Knead it the same way you need every little bit of merch with your waifu’s face on it. Yeah I know i said ‘need’ instead of ‘knead’. Fight me. I dare you.
- Roll it into a ball and test the consistency. If it’s WAY too stick, add some flour, if it’s really hard and not sticky at all, add a TEENY bit of water. The dough should only be a tiny bit sticky, like not enough to stick anyway, u feel me
- Once the doughs at the right consistency, wrap the dough ball in a dish towel and let that shit rest for like an hour. You rocked it’s work, tiger, and now it just needs to recharge a little. Am I implying you had sexual relations with a noodle? Yes. sort of. It’s been a long day.
- Take the dough ball once it’s rested and sprinkle flour over that shit. Make it rain, holla. place it on a flour’d counter and use a rolling pin to flatten it out. Like real talk. Flatter than even the traps you gawk at whenever they show up on a thread in /a/. Don’t lie to yourself, everyone loves the traps.
- If the dough starts sticking during the rolling process, slap some more flour on that shit.
- Put the dough sheet on your cutting board and spread a bunch of flour over it. Real talk, get reaaaaaal liberal about your flour use here. You DO NOT want your noodles sticking together once we cut them.
- Fold the sheet two times in the same direction, spreading flour over the sheet each time you fold it.
- Once it’s folded, start cutting it into thin noodles. If you think it’s going to start stick, add some more flour onto that biz.
- Once you’re done cutting them and you have a huge ass pile of noodles, toy at them a little with your fingers to unfold and separate them a bit. Then toss that shit around with some more flour.
- Get some water bowling, enough to cover all the noodles, and just sort of sprinkle the noodles in. If you plop em all in they’ll stick and shit, so don’t do that.
- Cook for abot 4 minutes, tasting a noodle occasionally to see if they’re done. I like undercooking mine a tiny bit so they fully cook in the soup.
- Once they’re done cooking, strain them and place them in the bowl you’re gonna eat from.
- And bam. You finished the noodles. Are you proud of yourself? Do you want a hug? Fuck off, we’re not done yet ho we still got a WORLD of shit to finish before you can eat this mystical creation based off of Miyazaki’s food porn masterpiece.
Procedure for Soup-
- In a medium sized pot, add the stock, dashi, and soy sauce. Bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the miso. If you want to add more miso or something, fuckin go for it, it’s your life.
- Add the bean sprouts in now so they warm up a little. Pour the soup into the bowl of noodles and stir it around so the bean sprouts and noodles are all intertwined.
Oh hot damn. You finished dat soup. Wow. how cool are you? Not that cool yet, because you still need to do the last few toppings you lil shitbaby.
Procedure for toppings-
- Pour enough water to cover an egg into a small pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, place the egg in gently and let it stay there for like 10 minutes.
- Once the egg’s cooked for about 10 minutes, take that shit out and place it in a small bowl of ice water so it can cool down.
- Once it’s cooled, remove the shell and cut it in half vertically. Place one of the halves on top of the ramen and eat the other one yourself with a sprinkle of salt because you deserve it. Love yourself a little.
- Get some thick cut ham slices, like the thickest you can find, get a piece and cut it in half. Drizzle a frying pan with olive oil and let it heat up before placing the ham slices on there.
- Cook until heated up but not browned and place atop the noodles.
- Thinly dice half the chive stock and place it atop the noodles as well.
HOLY SHIT YOU JUST MADE YOURSELF SOME MIYAZAKI NOODLES
ARE YOU PROUD? YOU SHOULD BE. YOU BASICALLY MADE ART.
No seriously, put that shit in MOMA and it will probably sell a lot quicker than like, fuckin, idk, cubism or whatever. Because Ramen always tastes better than oil paint, trust me.
Alright nerds, that’s Ponyo’s Ramen for you, enjoy eating literally 10 bowls of it while crying over fucking fish people you sad piece of trash.
LOVE YOU, BYE
Those were the best directions Ive ever read in my life
madsmurf93 asked: づ｡◕‿‿◕｡)づ ┻━┻ Campaign make a person happy: send this for the 10 tumblrs that you most admire, if you receive it 3 times or more consider yourself loved! ❤ ❤ ❤
(I just had the most terrible terrible fusion-type thing come into my head. I blame the shuffle function on my music player.)
(The setup is, Erik = cantankerous cop // Charles = grumpy healer. They have a thing for each other. But they also have reputations to uphold. Basically, they’re NOT quite Sano and Megumi from Rurouni Kenshin.)
ninemoons42 writes: 2 of a Kind!
Charles clamped the business end of the needle securely between his teeth, and reached for the nearest blade, and just as his free hand closed around a scalpel there was a crash and a cry in the courtyard, and the sound of chickens clucking in outrage, and he didn’t move, didn’t twitch, remained perfectly still aside from the fact that he was now rolling his eyes as hard as he can.
"Um, doctor," said his patient, at the same time as someone else shouted, "Oi, doctor!!!!"
He shook his head. Grabbed the scalpel and cut the thread close to the sutured area. Reached calmly for the bandages and the antiseptic. Put the needle and thread away. “Wash around the area for the first two days; don’t let the bandages get wet or I’ll have a hard time peeling them off later. If it hurts, take a painkiller; if it bleeds, come to me immediately.” His voice was not cold, just steady, just as though this was a normal day.
"Yes, doctor," his patient said.
Charles smiled, closed-mouthed, and then got up and called one of the nurses in, and crossed the house to stand at the garden door.
"Hi, honey, I’m home," Erik said, carrying several huge bushels and, incidentally, with a bound-and-gagged man at his feet.
"And what sort of a time do you call this?" Charles asked, perfectly deadpan. "Is this the man who’s been bothering the others?"
"Yes, Lucky me he decided to get drunk where I was helping out in the kitchen. I packaged him up for you."
"Did you, now," Charles said, and he went down the two steps, offered his hand to Erik, and watched that grimy, bloodied, callused hand take his in a gentle, firm grip. "And what shall we do with him, mine?"
tylersofposey asked: づ｡◕‿‿◕｡)づ ┻━┻ Campaign make a person happy: send this for the 10 tumblrs that you most admire, if you receive it 3 times or more consider yourself loved! ❤ ❤ ❤
Oh my gosh no you ❤‿❤